The Russian Consulate General in Mazar-e Sharif is the national state office of international relations, which within its consular district (includes: Baglan, Badakhshan, Balkh, Jowzjan, Kunduz, Samangan, Sar-e Pul, Takhar, Faryab) exerts vested responsibilities on behalf of the Russian Federation. The Consulate General is an integral part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. Its main goals and functions are:
- to protect the rights and the interests of Russia, its citizens and legal entities, to render them help and assistance;
- to promote trade‚ economic‚ cultural and scientific relations between Russia and Afghanistan;
- to deliver in the consular district the official information about the internal and foreign policy of Russia, its socio-economic and cultural life;
- to provide visa services in accordance with the Russian Law;
- to conduct within its power notary actions‚ state registration of acts of civil status‚ validation of documents;
- to participate in preparations for the intergovernmental exchanges and visits of the official delegations.